Discussion: What is the body count?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 11 of 11  |  Show  posts at a time
DrkPassenger
DrkPassenger
What is the body count?
Dec 15 2008, 10:27 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 15 2008, 10:27 AM EST
So how many people has Dexter killed so far? Starting with his first kill (the nurse looking after Harry) and going through all the Bayside Butcher Killings, Brian, and up to killing the Skinner, how many slides would Dexter have if his blood drop collection were complete? (I think he discarded the Bayside Butcher slides, and am not sure he got one from the nurse). I have lost track myself--but my guess is about 34 Bayside Butcher cases, plus another half dozen after that, plus one or two to get started (the guy in Harry's garage & the nurse), so I would say about 42, but this is not a careful count. 5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Lyrikcha
1. RE: What is the body count?
Dec 16 2008, 4:18 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 16 2008, 4:18 AM EST
i'd say about 50-60 by now...and they called him the Bay Harbor Butcher 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
JayC16
JayC16
2. RE: What is the body count?
Dec 16 2008, 5:59 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 16 2008, 5:59 AM EST
"So how many people has Dexter killed so far? Starting with his first kill (the nurse looking after Harry) and going through all the Bayside Butcher Killings, Brian, and up to killing the Skinner, how many slides would Dexter have if his blood drop collection were complete? (I think he discarded the Bayside Butcher slides, and am not sure he got one from the nurse). I have lost track myself--but my guess is about 34 Bayside Butcher cases, plus another half dozen after that, plus one or two to get started (the guy in Harry's garage & the nurse), so I would say about 42, but this is not a careful count."
Check out the SEASON 3 IS BORING thread. Look at Clairebbear post of Nov 4. it has some good statistics.
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
JayC16
JayC16
3. RE: What is the body count?
Dec 16 2008, 10:21 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 16 2008, 10:21 AM EST
" how many slides would Dexter have if his blood drop collection were complete? (I think he discarded the Bayside Butcher slides, and am not sure he got one from the nurse). "
About the slides, they cops/FBI found them in Doakes's car after Doakes stole them from Dexter's apartment. The slides must be in the evidence room at the station or with the FBI.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
tweetykiss
tweetykiss
4. RE: What is the body count?
Dec 17 2008, 7:31 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 17 2008, 7:31 AM EST
"i'd say about 50-60 by now...and they called him the Bay Harbor Butcher"
They found the first set in Doake's car so Dexter no longer has them. Also he never did a slide with Brian/Rudy, Miguel, and the skinner. He also didn't have a slide for Oscar. I don't know if he had one for Lila. I wonder now with his slide collection and being in another home with Rita, where will he hide them?
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
ZizzyB23
ZizzyB23
5. RE: What is the body count?
Dec 17 2008, 3:19 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 17 2008, 3:19 PM EST
Plus he killed that guy in front of Doakes in season two and shot the two drug smugglers in the swamp. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
TvGossip
TvGossip
6. RE: What is the body count?
Dec 18 2008, 11:40 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 18 2008, 11:40 AM EST
Oh gosh well I looked at the blood slide and I only saw about 11 so I dont understand that Do you find this valuable?    

mike91848
7. RE: What is the body count?
Dec 18 2008, 12:48 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 18 2008, 12:48 PM EST
"Oh gosh well I looked at the blood slide and I only saw about 11 so I dont understand that"
the first box that we saw at the beginning of the series was the one that Doakes found and is in evidence now. This box is the new one. Dexter doesn't take blood for the slides from everyone.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
CKrelax
CKrelax
8. RE: What is the body count?
Dec 21 2008, 11:04 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 21 2008, 11:04 AM EST
WHy do you think dexter doesn't have any nightmares about the victims he has killed? Is it because he is such an iceman and has deluded himself so much that he actually believes what he is doing is okay? Anyone care to suggest a reson why? 1  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

mike91848
9. RE: What is the body count?
Dec 21 2008, 1:38 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 21 2008, 1:38 PM EST
"WHy do you think dexter doesn't have any nightmares about the victims he has killed? Is it because he is such an iceman and has deluded himself so much that he actually believes what he is doing is okay? Anyone care to suggest a reson why?"
He does not have a conscience. He lives by the code and that is his way of not getting caught and it directs him so he only kills other serial killers. He realizes that he is a monster but he also knows he is ridding society of other monsters therefore doing society a good deed. He’s okay with this.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
PLZhopOFFmyD1CK
PLZhopOFFmyD1CK
10. RE: What is the body count?
Dec 23 2008, 7:33 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 23 2008, 7:33 PM EST
"WHy do you think dexter doesn't have any nightmares about the victims he has killed? Is it because he is such an iceman and has deluded himself so much that he actually believes what he is doing is okay? Anyone care to suggest a reson why?"
I've wondered this as well. We've seen him dream about Deb being a killer (after which he mentions he never dreams but I forget the exact reasoning about it), needing to take care of Humanez (the guy who killed his mother), and day dreaming about saving his mother as 'The Dark Defender'.

A scene where he confronts his victims would be amazing.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)