Discussion: What about those that say that Trinity did NOT kill Rita?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 18 of 18  |  Show  posts at a time
jdw64
jdw64
What about those that say that Trinity did NOT kill Rita?
Dec 22 2009, 5:57 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 22 2009, 5:57 PM EST
The timing is a bit of a stretch, and though he (Arthur) probably did do it, here are some questions I have with the last episode and I would be happy to here your replies.

1. How long did Dexter have to stay in Arthur's trunk? I mean he left the auto body place in the day light and Dexter appears on that (all too familiar) road side at night with some car part in hand.

2. Some people say it is obvious Arthur killed her because of his comments on the table. I don't see that. Don't you think he might have at least insinuated it a bit more?

3. Arthur would have had to do this after he got his car from the body shop, no? He took the bus? I mean how did he get there? If so, Dexter would have known Trinity was at his house (if he was in the trunk)

Remember, Lithgow and Hall during their after show recap don't necessarily KNOW that Trinity killed Rita. The writers keep all the secrets.
4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: dexters future

Carl61241
1. RE: What about those that say that Trinity did NOT kill Rita?
Dec 22 2009, 6:27 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 22 2009, 6:27 PM EST
"The timing is a bit of a stretch, and though he (Arthur) probably did do it, here are some questions I have with the last episode and I would be happy to here your replies.

1. How long did Dexter have to stay in Arthur's trunk? I mean he left the auto body place in the day light and Dexter appears on that (all too familiar) road side at night with some car part in hand.

2. Some people say it is obvious Arthur killed her because of his comments on the table. I don't see that. Don't you think he might have at least insinuated it a bit more?

3. Arthur would have had to do this after he got his car from the body shop, no? He took the bus? I mean how did he get there? If so, Dexter would have known Trinity was at his house (if he was in the trunk)

Remember, Lithgow and Hall during their after show recap don't necessarily KNOW that Trinity killed Rita. The writers keep all the secrets.
"
Arthur had a lot of time before getting the mustang, he took all his family's valuables the night before the police raid, and was at Deb's house the next morning, sometime around when Dex was putting Rita in the cab. The show doesn't tell us what time it is, so it's all conjecture anyway.

In reply to your points:

1. It seems more likely that Dex wasn't in the trunk at all, though I first thought so too, in the scene where the car breaks down, you see headlights behind him, but no car passes him as he pulls over, so Dex was tailing him, this solves the issue of how did he get Trinity to the kill site in a broken car.

2. They didn't want to give away the ending yet, but, I think Trinity would have gotten pleasure from knowing he won, got revenge, and got released from his cycle.

3. You could ask the same question about how did he get to Deb's Apt. One could assume he took a cab or a bus, Miami does have both. Did the family have a car?
Do you find this valuable?    

Carl61241
2. RE: What about those that say that Trinity did NOT kill Rita?
Dec 22 2009, 6:30 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 22 2009, 6:30 PM EST
Continued

Also, how happy Arthur was while driving away leads me to believe he killed Rita, He'd left Dex alive at that point, and was very angry when he wasn't at Deb's apartment, something must have happened to make his mood change so much. Arthur didn't like loose ends, he wouldn't have been happy if he didn't think he'd tied it all up.

Plus, Arthur didn't know the police were onto him, so it wasn't happy to be away from them.
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
jdw64
jdw64
3. RE: What about those that say that Trinity did NOT kill Rita?
Dec 23 2009, 1:38 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 23 2009, 1:38 AM EST
"Arthur had a lot of time before getting the mustang, he took all his family's valuables the night before the police raid, and was at Deb's house the next morning, sometime around when Dex was putting Rita in the cab. The show doesn't tell us what time it is, so it's all conjecture anyway.

In reply to your points:

1. It seems more likely that Dex wasn't in the trunk at all, though I first thought so too, in the scene where the car breaks down, you see headlights behind him, but no car passes him as he pulls over, so Dex was tailing him, this solves the issue of how did he get Trinity to the kill site in a broken car.

2. They didn't want to give away the ending yet, but, I think Trinity would have gotten pleasure from knowing he won, got revenge, and got released from his cycle.

3. You could ask the same question about how did he get to Deb's Apt. One could assume he took a cab or a bus, Miami does have both. Did the family have a car?"
Thank you for your insights. All very well thought out and informative.
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
theharper08
theharper08
4. RE: What about those that say that Trinity did NOT kill Rita?
Dec 29 2009, 1:19 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 29 2009, 1:19 AM EST
The main question for me is- how did dexter get away with this as the Mitchells were taken in by the police. Given dexter's involvment with the family prior to Aurthor's death, surely they'd mention him. Even if they didn't know his real name- when checking the house for DNA and evidence of the trinity killer- Dexter would be found out. I hope this is answered in the next series. Do you find this valuable?    
Curbycurb
Curbycurb
5. RE: What about those that say that Trinity did NOT kill Rita?
Dec 29 2009, 5:24 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 29 2009, 5:24 AM EST
Eh im thinking the writers aren't even going to touch on any of this stuff. They may very well have the next season pick up well after the events of this one.. Do you find this valuable?    
lorrettas33
lorrettas33
6. RE: What about those that say that Trinity did NOT kill Rita?
Dec 29 2009, 5:48 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 29 2009, 5:48 AM EST
"Arthur had a lot of time before getting the mustang, he took all his family's valuables the night before the police raid, and was at Deb's house the next morning, sometime around when Dex was putting Rita in the cab. The show doesn't tell us what time it is, so it's all conjecture anyway.

In reply to your points:

3. You could ask the same question about how did he get to Deb's Apt. One could assume he took a cab or a bus, Miami does have both. Did the family have a car?"
I watched the scene over and over where Dexter appears with the oil cap in his hand. There were no headlights and Dexter is scene getting out of the passenger seat door of Trinity's car. Obviously he could not have been in the back seat not with the top down he would have been spotted. However the older cars back seat is easily pushed open from the trunk. Yeah doesn't make sense, but that is what I saw when I watched the video over and over. If he were in the trunk then how did he get Trinity to the kill site? One of those things we will probably never know. I also noticed that Arthur had turned his head around while driving the mustang to make sure he wasn't being followed. Also what did Dexter do with the mustang? He wouldn't have just left it beside the road. He couldn't drive it, the motor was out of oil. The car would have been registered to Trinity or at least his son whom he gave it to. the cell phone issue has been brought up. read next post
lorrettas33
lorrettas33
7. RE: What about those that say that Trinity did NOT kill Rita?
Dec 29 2009, 5:57 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 29 2009, 5:57 AM EST
"I watched the scene over and over where Dexter appears with the oil cap in his hand. There were no headlights and Dexter is scene getting out of the passenger seat door of Trinity's car. Obviously he could not have been in the back seat not with the top down he would have been spotted. However the older cars back seat is easily pushed open from the trunk. Yeah doesn't make sense, but that is what I saw when I watched the video over and over. If he were in the trunk then how did he get Trinity to the kill site? One of those things we will probably never know. I also noticed that Arthur had turned his head around while driving the mustang to make sure he wasn't being followed. Also what did Dexter do with the mustang? He wouldn't have just left it beside the road. He couldn't drive it, the motor was out of oil. The car would have been registered to Trinity or at least his son whom he gave it to. the cell phone issue has been brought up. read next post"
Easy to trace phone calls, they would need Arthurs cell phone number which the family would have. If the cops still think Arthur is out there somewhere alive they will use all avenues to try and find him. I thought about throw away cell phones but others pointed out that they both Arthur and Dexter had camera ports on their cell phones so they couldn't be throw aways' I don't know if that's true or not. One would still have to guess that the police would check all of Trinity's phone records. To me it seemed obvious that Trinity had planned on running after he withdrew all the money from the bank. He realized that his seceret was out. Once he woke from Dexters injection and found that his money and wallet were missing. He wanted a bit of vengence, so he went after Dexter. We don 't know how Trinity found Dexters home address. Which I don't think would be that hard. however I am sure when Trinity saw Rita and not Dexter he figured what better way to get back at Dexter than to kill Rita.
lorrettas33
lorrettas33
8. RE: What about those that say that Trinity did NOT kill Rita?
Dec 29 2009, 6:14 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 29 2009, 6:14 AM EST
"Easy to trace phone calls, they would need Arthurs cell phone number which the family would have. If the cops still think Arthur is out there somewhere alive they will use all avenues to try and find him. I thought about throw away cell phones but others pointed out that they both Arthur and Dexter had camera ports on their cell phones so they couldn't be throw aways' I don't know if that's true or not. One would still have to guess that the police would check all of Trinity's phone records. To me it seemed obvious that Trinity had planned on running after he withdrew all the money from the bank. He realized that his seceret was out. Once he woke from Dexters injection and found that his money and wallet were missing. He wanted a bit of vengence, so he went after Dexter. We don 't know how Trinity found Dexters home address. Which I don't think would be that hard. however I am sure when Trinity saw Rita and not Dexter he figured what better way to get back at Dexter than to kill Rita. "
Arthurs character seemed very vindictive to me, as we saw when he broke his sons finger. My guestion was how does anyone explain the way Rita was killed. It doesn't fit Trinity's killing spree as many pointed out Rita would have been the woman that jumps not the one in the tub. Aren't the cops going to find that supisous? An MO that was used by Trinity and it happened to Dexter's wife. Dexter was seen talking to Trinity at work. If anyone was half way intelegent there would be a connection made there. I supose part of it could be explained away, but still Rita's murder was personal, that should be obvious to the cops. To me it seems like it would be easier for Dexter to just dispose of Rita's body and act as if she just took off. Everybody new they were having marital problems. Yes that would go against her character, but easier to explain than how she wound up in the tub dead. Maybe it could be explained away by suicide. That would Depend on how Trinity killed her. I noticed the water in the tub was to full to see any part of Rita except her head. Everyone knows Rita had her own demons to deal with. There is a lot of work to do on the writers part. As I've mentioned before it really depends on whether they decide to cancel the show after next season, or continue on. If the show is going to be canceled then I doubt they would worry to much about all those details we are all asking about. JMO
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

pinflarin
9. Reply to loretta
Jan 5 2010, 8:15 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 5 2010, 8:15 AM EST
Loretta, I applaud you for thinking what no one else had yet.. which was the thought of dex disposing of sweet rita's body to hide his connection to trinity! Brilliant !

The fact the Rita off-ed herself won't fly ... in 2 interviews with clyde philips he is flat out asked if trinity killed rita and the answer is yes.

ACD941
10. RE: What about those that say that Trinity did NOT kill Rita?
Jan 5 2010, 8:35 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 5 2010, 8:35 AM EST
"Arthurs character seemed very vindictive to me, as we saw when he broke his sons finger. My guestion was how does anyone explain the way Rita was killed. It doesn't fit Trinity's killing spree as many pointed out Rita would have been the woman that jumps not the one in the tub. Aren't the cops going to find that supisous? An MO that was used by Trinity and it happened to Dexter's wife. Dexter was seen talking to Trinity at work. If anyone was half way intelegent there would be a connection made there. I supose part of it could be explained away, but still Rita's murder was personal, that should be obvious to the cops. To me it seems like it would be easier for Dexter to just dispose of Rita's body and act as if she just took off. Everybody new they were having marital problems. Yes that would go against her character, but easier to explain than how she wound up in the tub dead. Maybe it could be explained away by suicide. That would Depend on how Trinity killed her. I noticed the water in the tub was to full to see any part of Rita except her head. Everyone knows Rita had her own demons to deal with. There is a lot of work to do on the writers part. As I've mentioned before it really depends on whether they decide to cancel the show after next season, or continue on. If the show is going to be canceled then I doubt they would worry to much about all those details we are all asking about. JMO"
C'mon, he killed her. There wont be another season.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

34sweet
11. RE: What about those that say that Trinity did NOT kill Rita?
Jan 11 2010, 8:55 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2010, 8:55 PM EST
"C'mon, he killed her. There wont be another season."
This show is too popular to cancel it. There will be another season.

Dexterfan1976
12. RE: What about those that say that Trinity did NOT kill Rita?
Oct 1 2010, 12:49 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2010, 12:49 PM EDT
Do you recall when Arthur found the conference room with all the pictures of the murders and the picture of HIM on the board? I think Arthur was fully aware the police were on to him. He just thought he could fully escape it by leaving town again. Do you find this valuable?    

Dexterfan1976
13. RE: What about those that say that Trinity did NOT kill Rita?
Oct 1 2010, 1:37 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2010, 1:37 PM EDT
"Arthurs character seemed very vindictive to me, as we saw when he broke his sons finger. My guestion was how does anyone explain the way Rita was killed. It doesn't fit Trinity's killing spree as many pointed out Rita would have been the woman that jumps not the one in the tub. Aren't the cops going to find that supisous? An MO that was used by Trinity and it happened to Dexter's wife. Dexter was seen talking to Trinity at work. If anyone was half way intelegent there would be a connection made there. I supose part of it could be explained away, but still Rita's murder was personal, that should be obvious to the cops. To me it seems like it would be easier for Dexter to just dispose of Rita's body and act as if she just took off. Everybody new they were having marital problems. Yes that would go against her character, but easier to explain than how she wound up in the tub dead. Maybe it could be explained away by suicide. That would Depend on how Trinity killed her. I noticed the water in the tub was to full to see any part of Rita except her head. Everyone knows Rita had her own demons to deal with. There is a lot of work to do on the writers part. As I've mentioned before it really depends on whether they decide to cancel the show after next season, or continue on. If the show is going to be canceled then I doubt they would worry to much about all those details we are all asking about. JMO"
You're theory is really what I was thinking about this all along. Well said.

BertSienna
14. RE: What about those that say that Trinity did NOT kill Rita?
Oct 7 2010, 9:11 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 7 2010, 9:11 PM EDT
It feels like 5 years since the end of last season. I'm cloudy on a couple things. How did the police get on the trail of arthur mitchell to begin with? I thought all they had was DNA from trinity, but then dexter planted DNA evidence in that truck drivers apt, or truck or whatever. I even remember them saying on the news that they believed that truck driver to be the trinity killer....but now in S5, they are on the hunt for arthur mitchell again. Do you find this valuable?    
Photo82694
Photo82694
15. RE: What about those that say that Trinity did NOT kill Rita?
Dec 5 2010, 5:18 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2010, 5:18 PM EST
I mean seriously it fits the guy perfectly. Of course trinity killed her. Who else could it have been. I couldnt have been dexter heck no.. who ever thinks trinity didnt kill her then their stupid. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
viveckame
viveckame
16. RE: What about those that say that Trinity did NOT kill Rita?
Dec 6 2010, 8:29 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 6 2010, 8:29 AM EST
When Arthur found the conference room, the picture of Sam Beaudry was on the wall as the suspected Trinity killer. Arthur says that Sam did him a good turn. Do you find this valuable?    

Buscman400
17. RE: What about those that say that Trinity did NOT kill Rita?
Dec 10 2010, 9:32 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 10 2010, 9:32 AM EST
No he didn' t Rita. It was the ice truck killer. Come on guys lets discuss whether Lumen will get killed Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)