Discussion: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LISTReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 19 of 19  |  Show  posts at a time
R3Mi_PL
R3Mi_PL
SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
Jan 24 2010, 5:08 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2010, 5:23 AM EST
Here's a complete list of music featured in the First Season's 1st episode of 'Dexter'.

1.Benny More - 'Conoci La Paz'
(Dexter on his boat)

2.Ruben Gonzalez - 'La Enganadora'
(Right before Dexter talks with Doakes about the cokehead murders case)

3.Benny More - 'El Canonero'
(Dexter walks the streets of Miami)

4.P. Spike - 'Mamasita (Vox)'
(Dexter on a date with Rita)

5.Mambo All-Stars - 'El Cayuco'
(End credits)

Enjoy!

As soon as I find out about the names and composers of the other songs - I'll post it.
Of course, I would appreciate if someone could help - just let me know.
10  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    
ZizzyB23
ZizzyB23
1. RE: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
Jan 24 2010, 7:14 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2010, 7:14 AM EST
Reading this makes me want to rewatch season one again. Such a fantastic work of television!

Have you seen this?:

http://www.amazon.com/Dexter-Music-Television-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B000SUKPFC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1264356729&sr=8-1
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
ZizzyB23
ZizzyB23
2. RE: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
Jan 24 2010, 7:33 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2010, 7:33 AM EST
If you could name any other Cuban music they used I would greatly appreciate it. I think that the Cuban music is a very large part of what makes season one of Dexter stand head and shoulders above all other seasons. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
R3Mi_PL
R3Mi_PL
3. RE: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
Jan 24 2010, 8:47 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2010, 8:51 AM EST
"Have you seen this?:

http://www.amazon.com/Dexter-Music-Television-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B000SUKPFC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1264356729&sr=8-1

If you could name any other Cuban music they used I would greatly appreciate it. I think that the Cuban music is a very large part of what makes season one of Dexter stand head and shoulders above all other seasons."
Yes, actually I've checked both official and unofficial soundtracks / scores for Dexter - but there are not many cuban songs from the show.
Most of this great cuban music isn't available on any released Dexter music CD.

Yes, I do know and have a lot of Cuban songs from the 1st season, but I'm going to post the titles when I'll know ALL about the music from the first series.
So far I have like 10-15 songs from the series + 5 from the first episode.

If someone here knows a lot of music, maybe could help me identifying the songs from 2nd episode (so far I have one song from 'Crocodile')
Do you find this valuable?    
ZizzyB23
ZizzyB23
4. RE: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
Jan 24 2010, 9:18 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2010, 9:18 AM EST
Well don't leave us hanging too long. I'm dying to find out more. I've already downloaded the ones you've mentioned. Do you find this valuable?    
R3Mi_PL
R3Mi_PL
5. RE: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
Jan 24 2010, 9:43 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2010, 9:46 AM EST
"Well don't leave us hanging too long. I'm dying to find out more. I've already downloaded the ones you've mentioned."
Good - I'm happy that someone appreciated me spending hours trying to find the music :) I hope you enjoy it. The most trouble on the 1st episode was "La Enganadora" and "El Cayuco" - but finally - here they are :)

Also I must say you guys are very lucky because you have iTunes - here in Poland we have access to iTunes but we can't buy any music from it - which makes searching for the Dexter music very very tough and long.

There are 7 tracks total in the 2nd episode - 'Crocodile'
I've got only the one when Dexter is driving to a crime scene to investigate Ricky Simmons' body.
When I find the rest - I'll let you know in a separate post.
ZizzyB23
ZizzyB23
6. RE: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
Jan 24 2010, 9:59 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2010, 9:59 AM EST
"Good - I'm happy that someone appreciated me spending hours trying to find the music :) I hope you enjoy it. The most trouble on the 1st episode was "La Enganadora" and "El Cayuco" - but finally - here they are :)

Also I must say you guys are very lucky because you have iTunes - here in Poland we have access to iTunes but we can't buy any music from it - which makes searching for the Dexter music very very tough and long.

There are 7 tracks total in the 2nd episode - 'Crocodile'
I've got only the one when Dexter is driving to a crime scene to investigate Ricky Simmons' body.
When I find the rest - I'll let you know in a separate post."
How are you finding these songs exactly? It must be exhausting. Are you just listening to a bunch of different songs, hoping to find one that matches?
R3Mi_PL
R3Mi_PL
7. RE: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
Jan 24 2010, 10:12 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2010, 10:52 AM EST
"How are you finding these songs exactly? It must be exhausting. Are you just listening to a bunch of different songs, hoping to find one that matches?"
Well, I've tried various ways.
For example, if I found a song by Benny More - I've checked the whole list of songs by Benny More at iTunes (because as I mentioned - we can only listen to the samples at iTunes).
Also, I've tried to search by typing the lyrics into Google etc.
I have an account at YouTube (r3mipl) - I've posted 3 video montages of unknown music from the 1st season.
Sony Ericsson cell phones have an "Track ID" function - also very useful when you're trying to find a song.

You know - when someone is a huge fan of Dexter and he's ready to do everything to find the music - miracles can happen :)

That's why I'm hoping that someone here knows Spanish better than me - so he could HEAR what they are singing and tell me - then I'll be able to find the music much faster.

Also, I will contact Gary Calamar - the Music Supervisor of Dexter, hoping that he can release some info about the particular songs from 1st season.

You're right - it's pretty exhausting, annoying, depressing and slow - but each time I find a new song from the series I'm thinking "It was WORTH it" :P

I have a little question - but about the score , not the soundtrack.
Do you know or have the song from the very last scene of 2nd episode (Crocodile)? The one when Dex is in the bathtub looking at Barbie's head? ("He came back and left nothing behind but a message - come find me. And I will. There are no secrets in life. Just hidden truths that lie beneath the surface.")
.I think it's the most amazing piece of music by Dan Licht from the WHOLE first season.
But I can't find it anywhere, even in the unofficial score.
ZizzyB23
ZizzyB23
8. RE: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
Jan 24 2010, 1:09 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2010, 1:09 PM EST
"I have a little question - but about the score , not the soundtrack.
Do you know or have the song from the very last scene of 2nd episode (Crocodile)? The one when Dex is in the bathtub looking at Barbie's head? ("He came back and left nothing behind but a message - come find me. And I will. There are no secrets in life. Just hidden truths that lie beneath the surface.")
.I think it's the most amazing piece of music by Dan Licht from the WHOLE first season.
But I can't find it anywhere, even in the unofficial score."
Sad to say, I do not know the name of that song either. :(

I went and watched that last scene twice again. It's such a beautiful song. It's not on any of the soundtracks (both official and unofficial) that I have either.

I know Dan Licht use to put a lot of music of his on his website, but I think that's been removed.
R3Mi_PL
R3Mi_PL
9. RE: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
Jan 24 2010, 5:07 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2010, 5:22 PM EST
I've send a message to Dan Licht about this song, but it seems that his e-mail adress is no longer in use.

Also, I've contacted Gary Calamar and I am currently waiting for some info about the unknown music of Season 1.
I'll let you know when I'll find out.
ZizzyB23
ZizzyB23
10. RE: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
Jan 30 2010, 1:36 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 30 2010, 1:36 PM EST
So any good news yet? Get anymore info? I wish I know how to help in your endeavor. Do you find this valuable?    
R3Mi_PL
R3Mi_PL
11. RE: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
Jan 30 2010, 3:56 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 30 2010, 3:56 PM EST
"So any good news yet? Get anymore info? I wish I know how to help in your endeavor."
Dan Licht's mail adress seems to be dead, and Gary Calamar didn't respond to my message.

Well, so far I have 4 tracks (it's more than last time :) from the 2nd episode of the first season, but the list's still incomplete.
There are only 2 track titles missing from the list of music featured in the third episode. If I'll manage to find the missing two from ep.3 at least, then I'll post here the tracklists from ep.3 and ep.12.

Well, you could help me by posting links to the unidentified music from YouTube on some Spanish / Cuban music forums, and ask people there for help.
I don't know if you know Spanish, so just in case, here's an example of message you can post:

"Alguien sabe titulo y cantante de esta cancion?
[link]
Gracias"

Let me know if you're willing to help, then I'll send you the links.
ZizzyB23
ZizzyB23
12. RE: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
Jan 30 2010, 5:20 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 30 2010, 5:20 PM EST
Yeah, I'm pretty decent with Spanish. I'll help you out. I hope something comes up. Do you find this valuable?    
R3Mi_PL
R3Mi_PL
13. RE: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
Jan 31 2010, 3:19 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 31 2010, 3:20 AM EST
"Yeah, I'm pretty decent with Spanish. I'll help you out. I hope something comes up."
Great.
Here are the links to YouTube - 2 missing tracks from the 3rd episode's music list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb7gqb1Fv4U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meYMyGVblAw

Let's hope somebody out there knows the answers :)

Coaster14
14. RE: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
Feb 3 2010, 5:39 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 3 2010, 5:39 PM EST
The Dexter original soundtrack is good. Mostly the non-verbal music. Love it! Do you find this valuable?    

kamesh2100
15. RE: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
May 26 2011, 11:02 AM EDT | Post edited: May 26 2011, 11:02 AM EDT
hi..
i would be grateful to u if you can tell me that where i can find the music of dexter season 5 episode 1 .... wen he was attending rita's funeral and was saying words and there was some sad background music,,,, i really need that music,,, help me
R3Mi_PL
R3Mi_PL
16. RE: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
Jul 15 2011, 7:49 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 15 2011, 7:50 AM EDT
"hi..
i would be grateful to u if you can tell me that where i can find the music of dexter season 5 episode 1 .... wen he was attending rita's funeral and was saying words and there was some sad background music,,,, i really need that music,,, help me"
The first one (when Dexter arrives) is "Deb Cries" by Daniel Licht. Available on the soundtrack CD. The second one (when he starts talking about Rita in front of everybody) ---> I'm not sure, but you should check all three soundtrack CDs released by Milan Records. If it's not there, I'm guessing it's a new track composed for Season 5.
johnnyturbo69
johnnyturbo69
17. RE: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
Aug 3 2011, 1:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 3 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
I'm looking with no success to find the song with the call girl walking the street in season 1 ep. 11, please help. Do you find this valuable?    

askpcguy
18. RE: SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 COMPLETE MUSIC LIST
Dec 16 2012, 8:38 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 16 2012, 8:39 PM EST
The music plays in Season 1 episode 12 when Brian (Ice Truck Killer) and Dexter are sitting at the table with Dexter tied up at 31 minutes 33 seconds. Then again in Seaon 3 episode 1 at 37 minutes when Dexter is telling Miguel how his brother died. Been looking for the music myself with no luck. Do you find this valuable?