Discussion: Who killed Rita??Reported This is a featured thread This thread was locked for the following reason: (none given).

Showing 1 - 20 of 24  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next
missblood
missblood
Who killed Rita??
Jul 27 2010, 12:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 27 2010, 12:55 PM EDT
as mentioned in the title. It does not look like Trinity's work, it must be some copycat or... maybe this silly looking and behaving neighbour?? what do you think?? 4  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: dexters future Rita
EllisLives
EllisLives
1. RE: Who killed Rita??
Aug 9 2010, 7:46 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 9 2010, 7:46 PM EDT
That's easy, the guy next door that Dexter punched in the face (whatever his name was) killed Rita. Unbeknown to him, Dexter was hot on the trail of the real "Trinity" killer. He used a copycat method of murdering Rita so everyone would assume it was another of Trinity's murders making it harder to put two and two together. In short, he did not take rejection well, Rita's, or being humiliated by Dexter. Also, it will turn out that his live in fiancee actually disappeared (murdered by him as well). It simply wasn't Arthur...he hit a dead end at Deb's and was very short on time due to the state wide man hunt. For it to be him, he had to arrive at Dexter's exactly as she was returning to get her ID. Not to mention he would have been at Deb's about the time Rita was returning home to pick up her ID. And someone, like a friendly neighbor, had to send the cabbie away.

I'll miss you Rita, the character and the actress. R.I.P.
Dexter will avenge you!
14  out of 21 found this valuable. Do you?    

TomDB
2. RE: Who killed Rita??
Aug 10 2010, 4:00 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 10 2010, 4:00 AM EDT
Looking carefully, Arthur uses a mirror in his bath tub killings and still only kills very strict guidelined people i.e. woman with 2 kids from the building etc. There is no handheld mirror in Rita's bathroom and she doesnt meet Trinity's code, yet he says "its already over" to Dexter - perhaps it was him? Man, just makes S05 look even better doesnt it? 8  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    
quinnthekiller
quinnthekiller
3. RE: Who killed Rita??
Sep 6 2010, 11:46 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 6 2010, 11:46 AM EDT
i think it was quinn for a few reasons
1) did quinn and rita ever meet?
2) rita was married 3 times not 2 who was her other husband?
3) quinns gf just killed herself because of the morgan fam
4) quinns partner (deb) just found out dexters past could she have passed on the info to quinn?
5) quinn was dating trinities little girl could they have met?
6) quinn saw dexter chaseing after trinity at the station. could he have put that togeather at trinities house during the raid?

just my two cents
8  out of 14 found this valuable. Do you?    
missblood
missblood
4. RE: Who killed Rita??
Sep 6 2010, 12:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 6 2010, 12:43 PM EDT
3) rita was married 3 times not 2 who was her other husband?

this is interesting!! I never thought this way!!
It can be a Quinn-season :)
4  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

sammiegrma
5. RE: Who killed Rita??
Sep 7 2010, 10:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 7 2010, 10:07 AM EDT
Trinity kills women with two children, making them jump to their death. Rita is found in the bathtub; head near the faucet and no hand mirror nearby. I am glad to see her go....but. I think that Quinn is the one who killed Rita. He is so obsessed with Dexter that this is his ploy to get back at him. I think that Quinn will push too hard for the Police to look at Dexter, that someone-anyone will catch on. 3  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
quinnthekiller
quinnthekiller
6. RE: Who killed Rita??
Sep 7 2010, 7:30 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 7 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
agreed rita had 3 kids not 2 and was alittle to old for trinitys bath tub mo. i noticed there was no mirror aswell good call sammie. as soon as they showed her in the tub i knew it couldnt have been trinity it was to sloppy/rushed/staged. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

dexiesdad
7. RE: Who killed Rita??
Sep 7 2010, 10:59 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 7 2010, 10:59 PM EDT
I think it had to be the cabdriver. Rita left with luiggage in a cab, found out that she forgot her ID, went back home with a cab, or with the same cab. Probably asked the cab driver to wait for her while she picked up her ID from the house.... The cab driver was waiting with her luggage in front of the house... And either she didn't comne back..and he drove away with her luggage... or he joined her inside the house... and killed her... 1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
EllisLives
EllisLives
8. RE: Who killed Rita??
Sep 16 2010, 2:10 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 16 2010, 2:10 AM EDT
"I think it had to be the cabdriver. Rita left with luiggage in a cab, found out that she forgot her ID, went back home with a cab, or with the same cab. Probably asked the cab driver to wait for her while she picked up her ID from the house.... The cab driver was waiting with her luggage in front of the house... And either she didn't comne back..and he drove away with her luggage... or he joined her inside the house... and killed her..."
Well that theory falls apart due to the fact that in the real world cab companies use GPS tattle tale systems. No company would let a cabbie sit in front of a house that long without the meter running, or even let them sit with it running at one fare for too long. Besides there would be an easily discernible record and paper trail...unless he wasn't a REAL cab driver.....dun dun dun!
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Nedgermany
9. RE: Who killed Rita??
Oct 3 2010, 7:22 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 3 2010, 7:25 PM EDT
"That's easy, the guy next door that Dexter punched in the face (whatever his name was) killed Rita. Unbeknown to him, Dexter was hot on the trail of the real "Trinity" killer. He used a copycat method of murdering Rita so everyone would assume it was another of Trinity's murders making it harder to put two and two together. In short, he did not take rejection well, Rita's, or being humiliated by Dexter. Also, it will turn out that his live in fiancee actually disappeared (murdered by him as well). It simply wasn't Arthur...he hit a dead end at Deb's and was very short on time due to the state wide man hunt. For it to be him, he had to arrive at Dexter's exactly as she was returning to get her ID. Not to mention he would have been at Deb's about the time Rita was returning home to pick up her ID. And someone, like a friendly neighbor, had to send the cabbie away.

I'll miss you Rita, the character and the actress. R.I.P.
Dexter will avenge you!"
I agree. Elliott acting guilty. He probably killed his ex-wife for the insurance money which enables him to be a stay at home dad. He seemed relieved when he found out police had no leads. He also was hesitant talking to Quinn during impromptu interview. He got pissed when he learned about Rita's vacation. No ashes found at crime scene. Lithgow could not have gotten in tub with her due to faucets. Trinity never killed woman with three kids. Trinity followed the ritual. It was as important as the kill. It was not Trinity. The only other possibility is her first husband. The writers must have introduced him for a reason. Dexter never even confronted her with the knowledge that he found. So who was it written in? He'll maybe Elliott was her first husband.
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

sammiegrma
10. RE: Who killed Rita??
Oct 4 2010, 12:45 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 4 2010, 12:45 AM EDT
Elliot, the neighbor, was around when Rita's mother came to visit. She would have recognized him. Rita would not have confided in an ex-husband; all the things she revield. I am sticking to my original theory, that Quinn is the one who killed Rita. Just look at the way he is pushing to investigate Dexter. Remember that Quinn arrived at Trinity's house a little later than the rest of the Team. Now that the FBI has cleared Dexter, Quinn will push even harder. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
xCupidx
xCupidx
11. RE: Who killed Rita??
Oct 4 2010, 3:43 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 4 2010, 3:43 AM EDT
During the end of the series, Trinity wasn't even following his own M.O. He was breaking into almost random houses of people named Kyle Butler to find Dexter. He killed one. Arthur's would was falling apart; Dexter made sure of that by mistake. I think Arthur lost his cool, went into Dexter's house ran into Rita and did something for the first time. Kill a woman in a manner he had never done before. 5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Carl61241
12. RE: Who killed Rita??
Oct 4 2010, 10:57 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 4 2010, 10:57 PM EDT
I'd agree with that, he wasn't killing her as part of the cycle, it was revenge, he did it in a fashion that would leave little doubt who did it. (He wouldn't want Dexter to think it was anyone but him)

Granted, there's a lot of doubt here about it! :)

To me, he was doing exactly the same thing he was doing when tracking down Kyle Butler, except having a real name this time.

They've been making attempts at reconciling the timeline, LaGuerta mentioning the killing may have occurred while Dex was witnessing their wedding, and this week, the FBI placing the murder at the same time Dex was at Arthurs House with the police.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

sammiegrma
13. RE: Who killed Rita??
Oct 5 2010, 11:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 5 2010, 11:19 AM EDT
Remember, when the cops were at Trinity's house; he was picking up the Mustang. While Dexter has an alibi so does Trinity. Yes they have been making attempts to establish the timeline. Go back and see that Quinn arrives late to Trinity's house. Only a little late, but late none the less. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

dexterroolz
14. RE: Who killed Rita??
Oct 6 2010, 7:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 6 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
4. By Quinn's partner... do you mean Dexter's SISTER? Why would she have passed the info on to him...???

1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
darkpassenger21
darkpassenger21
15. RE: Who killed Rita??
Oct 8 2010, 10:37 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 8 2010, 10:37 PM EDT
I don't think Trinity cared about following his pattern anymore. Rita was personal. It was a response to Dexter's meddling, not a part of Trinity's cycle. That being said, I do think it is possible someone else killed her. I am divided on how I feel about this though. Because for one thing, I would feel kinda cheated/that it is pointless if they devote season 5 to exploring Dexter's guilt about Rita's death because he didn't stop Trinity in time if they just reveal that it wasn't Trinity after all. On the other hand, I would love to have Rita (knowingly) avenged. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
BloodSpray
BloodSpray
16. RE: Who killed Rita??
Oct 10 2010, 3:32 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 10 2010, 3:32 AM EDT
"I don't think Trinity cared about following his pattern anymore. Rita was personal. It was a response to Dexter's meddling, not a part of Trinity's cycle. That being said, I do think it is possible someone else killed her. I am divided on how I feel about this though. Because for one thing, I would feel kinda cheated/that it is pointless if they devote season 5 to exploring Dexter's guilt about Rita's death because he didn't stop Trinity in time if they just reveal that it wasn't Trinity after all. On the other hand, I would love to have Rita (knowingly) avenged."
THIS.

All the theories as to having someone else kill Rita besides Trinity are far-fetched, I hate to say. Trinity wagged his eyebrows when Dexter admitted to having a family, and said "It's already over" to Dexter.

Elliot might be a jackass, but I don't think he's a killer. He would be a sloppy one if he was - getting drunk, letting someone punch him on his porch, still talking to Dexter after Rita's dead... also, he's too dopey. He'd get to his first victim and screw up.

Quinn might be crooked, but he's got a conscience: he felt something when Christine Hill died, even though he was pissed at her. Also, if he was a killer, he could have tried to kill Dexter when Dexter saw him taking money from a crime scene. I doubt it'd be him.

However, the "first husband" theory is intriguing... but really? Watch S4E12 again... it's actually pretty powerful when you realize the ending, and put the pieces together in the episode. Trinity got his car sometime after noon, I would suspect... and Rita left and returned in the morning. Plenty of time to bleed her out. He has no alibi. Also, he so much as told his family he was going to take something from someone who took something from him.

It was Trinity.
7  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
CKrelax
CKrelax
17. RE: Who killed Rita??
Oct 23 2010, 9:29 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 23 2010, 9:29 AM EDT
Already Over
She dove into her thoughts
As she was pulled into her tub
Trinity's knife
Her skin it did rub
His body felt warm
Soft to the touch
He held her, so tightly
She couldn't do much
Strange feet were on her feet
Then to her surprise
A knife went between her legs
Cutting her thighs
Rita didn't resist
Not a whimper, nor cry
She hoped for dear Harrison
More time, it would buy
Thoughts turned to Dexter
Wanting kisses, so much
In a mirror, saw their moonlight
Like a reflection of their touch
Opened, swollen and flaming
Folds of her skin
Drained out her blood
Rita's eyesight grew dim
Her children
Her husband
Not a decent goodbye
A single wet tear, was all she could cry
When Dexter came home
Her cell phone sounded the call
His lovely Cinderella, Rita
Had been to the ball

end c CKRelax2009 aka CKelley

2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
AmandaSage
AmandaSage
18. RE: Who killed Rita??
Oct 30 2010, 12:19 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 30 2010, 12:19 PM EDT
"During the end of the series, Trinity wasn't even following his own M.O. He was breaking into almost random houses of people named Kyle Butler to find Dexter. He killed one. "
Good point. I think Trinity did kill her but it was probably a little more deliberate and rational than the Kyle Butler thing... but yeah, he was definitely decompensating. Not quite to the point of psychosis, but enough to deviate from the previous pattern.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
postmortemdecay
postmortemdecay
19. RE: Who killed Rita??
Oct 30 2010, 8:54 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 30 2010, 8:54 PM EDT
Ah so much to read..

Since season 5 is out is it clear to who killed Rita yet?

I can't watch until it comes out on DVD.
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next