Discussion: How long will Lumen last?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 33  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next
bap3221
bap3221
How long will Lumen last?
Nov 23 2010, 5:46 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 5:46 AM EST
i thought she was just a guest at first. Because it says special guest at the beginning of the Dexter credits. But at the same time she cant die because that will just make Dexter go crazy and feel alot more guilt. What do you think is gonna happen to Lumen and how long will she last? Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
AlbertFish
AlbertFish
1. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 23 2010, 3:27 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 3:27 PM EST
Good question. I thought she was going to be in only 3 or 4 episodes because of her imDb listings, but it looks as if she's in it to the end of this season. My vote would be to have her marry Dexter in season 6, have the nanny do away with Harrison, and have Astor & Cody out of the picture entirely. I hate the presence of the children, I really do. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Johnny_Morgan
2. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 24 2010, 6:43 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 6:43 AM EST
I could see Lumen being killed by Jordan Chase or someone else, then Dexter kills them all. But if that did happen.. more questions would arise.. ANOTHER woman in Dexter's life turns up dead.. Do you find this valuable?    

car82
3. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 24 2010, 10:34 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 10:34 AM EST
I hope she sticks around I think her and Dexter are a good match, but the good thing about this show is that the writing is so unpredictable thats it's just hard to see where they will go with this.
Do you find this valuable?    
boutte
boutte
4. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 24 2010, 11:56 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 11:56 AM EST
Don't you think she'll eventually go find her boyfriend? Do you find this valuable?    

car82
5. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 24 2010, 12:30 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 12:30 PM EST
"Don't you think she'll eventually go find her boyfriend?"
no I don't she'll go off with her boyfriend, I think after all the build up of her character that if she were to leave at the end of the season her exit would be much more dramatic than just seeing her leave to look for her boyfriend

car82
6. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 24 2010, 12:38 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 12:38 PM EST
Did anybody else pick up in Teenage Wasteland when Harry appeared to Dexter that he didn't preach to him for sharing his secret with Lumen and breaking the code like he did when Dexter broke the code with Miguel, why do you think this is and is this an indication that Lumen may be around for a while yet 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
AlbertFish
AlbertFish
7. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 24 2010, 1:39 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 1:39 PM EST
"Did anybody else pick up in Teenage Wasteland when Harry appeared to Dexter that he didn't preach to him for sharing his secret with Lumen and breaking the code like he did when Dexter broke the code with Miguel, why do you think this is and is this an indication that Lumen may be around for a while yet"
Excellent observation. Not sure at all what it might mean though.

potoq
8. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 25 2010, 12:38 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2010, 12:38 AM EST
I dont like the fact that Dexter shared all his secrets with her, especially in the previous episode where she went shopping for tools to kill Jordan's security guy and they were preparing the room for the moment. They were acting like a newly married couple and I kind of didnt like it.(not that I am jelaous:P) If there is a season 6 then I hope she wont be there, at least not as his girlfriend. I dont know, there is somehing I dont like about her. Do you find this valuable?    
bap3221
bap3221
9. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 25 2010, 6:38 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2010, 6:38 AM EST
idk now that i think about it, hes told her everything already. Theres no way she can just disappear. And i dont think she will turn into a psycho either. And them killing her wont make sense because it will tear apart Dexter. I guess hes gonna end up marrying her :/

I think he can find a better girl although i do like that shes a good actor and did very well this season. I just want to see someone like Rita again...lol. She was perfect!
jjjjason
jjjjason
10. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 26 2010, 3:50 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2010, 3:50 PM EST
"idk now that i think about it, hes told her everything already. Theres no way she can just disappear. And i dont think she will turn into a psycho either. And them killing her wont make sense because it will tear apart Dexter. I guess hes gonna end up marrying her :/

I think he can find a better girl although i do like that shes a good actor and did very well this season. I just want to see someone like Rita again...lol. She was perfect!"
Rita wasn't perfect. She would never have accepted Dexter for what he is. Lumen is the first person to see Dexter the monster and accept him for him and truely understand what the dark passenger is. She is perfect for Dexter.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

mandadelayed
11. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 27 2010, 12:05 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 27 2010, 12:05 PM EST
"Rita wasn't perfect. She would never have accepted Dexter for what he is. Lumen is the first person to see Dexter the monster and accept him for him and truely understand what the dark passenger is. She is perfect for Dexter. "
i agree, i liked Rita and i was surprised to see her killed. but i like lumen much more. he can be fully himself with her. i hope she makes it through the season and hopefully doesn't get killed off, or become a scapegoat for all of this. I'd like to see Dexter with someone he can be completely honest with. so many of the seasons end with dexter hurt or loosing someone. It would be nice for him to have someone who fully knows him without them trying to kill Debra or him.
aria_c
aria_c
12. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 29 2010, 7:34 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2010, 7:34 AM EST
I dont like the latest developments between Dexter and Lumen at all. Not that I have anything against Lumen, just that I feel Dexter best operates alone. That is one of the things that pulls me so much towards the character. What serial killer works with a partner? Also, in the latest episode, Lumen and Dexter having sex after Lumen makes her first kill? Didnt like that at all. And Lumen, a victim of brutal rape, is so comfortable letting a man touch her so soon after the abuse? Anyways, I just dont like Lumen.....
Also, why didnt Deb and Quinn see Dex and Lumen when they went into Alex's house? Was the kill room in some other house?
DexterWillGetCaught
DexterWillGetCaught
13. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 29 2010, 8:31 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2010, 8:31 AM EST
Remember back when Dexter never made mistakes ( Killing, ALONE. ) those were the days, i hope Lumen gets killed by Jordan Chase & Liddy slams all the evidence on Laquerta's table & Captain Mathews and tells them to kiss his ass & give him an medal, he deserves one, IF liddy dies, im not watching this show anymore, Dexter is not Dexter anymore..... Do you find this valuable?    

MCE1
14. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 29 2010, 9:10 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2010, 9:10 AM EST
I doubt Lumen stays. Dexter is at heart a lone wolf, and has fantasized about having this kind of connection (Harry, his brother, Miguel, Trinity, etc.) for too long for it to actually work.

Totally aiming from the hip, but I halfway expect Lumen disappears Liddy to protect them and that Dexter rejects her help in the future. Like Miguel, she does not seem to understand the importance of Harry's code, and every time Dexter strays from it he gets burned.

However it happens, I don't think the two will operate as a team. I suspect she'll relocate, if she kills again at all.

potoq
15. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 29 2010, 12:47 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2010, 12:47 PM EST
"Remember back when Dexter never made mistakes ( Killing, ALONE. ) those were the days, i hope Lumen gets killed by Jordan Chase & Liddy slams all the evidence on Laquerta's table & Captain Mathews and tells them to kiss his ass & give him an medal, he deserves one, IF liddy dies, im not watching this show anymore, Dexter is not Dexter anymore..... "
I agree with this comment. This series was exceptional in many ways in the first few seasons. I like to see Dexter alone. He didnt even think too much about it before he disclosed his secrets. The fact that Rita did not have a clue who real Dexter was makes me like Rita more, although I hated her before. She was way better than Lumen. This is by far the worst season of Dexter. He seems to be getting closer to get caught. That makes me nervous and it is the only reason why I am looking forward to see what will happen next. Apart from that it is turning in to a love story. There aer lots of gaps in the story that haven been explained and the actinhs suck.

Kvothe901
16. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 29 2010, 1:31 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2010, 1:31 PM EST
"Remember back when Dexter never made mistakes ( Killing, ALONE. ) those were the days, i hope Lumen gets killed by Jordan Chase & Liddy slams all the evidence on Laquerta's table & Captain Mathews and tells them to kiss his ass & give him an medal, he deserves one, IF liddy dies, im not watching this show anymore, Dexter is not Dexter anymore..... "
While I agree that I really enjoyed the Dexter of the early days working alone and being almost flawless, the show can't just have 5 seasons of the same stuff over and over. The show has to develop in some direction just as dexter is developing.
AlbertFish
AlbertFish
17. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 29 2010, 2:22 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2010, 2:22 PM EST
"What serial killer works with a partner? "
Leonard Lake & Charles Ng; the Hillside Stranglers (Kenneth Bianchi & Angelo Buono), as well as Henry Lee Lucas & Ottis Toole are a few examples..
aria_c
aria_c
18. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 29 2010, 2:38 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2010, 2:38 PM EST
"Leonard Lake & Charles Ng; the Hillside Stranglers (Kenneth Bianchi & Angelo Buono), as well as Henry Lee Lucas & Ottis Toole are a few examples.."
Thanks for the info :) What I meant was that the charm of Dexter's character is that he worked alone, this ganging up with Lumen is what I dont like...the secrecy is lost...
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
bap3221
bap3221
19. RE: How long will Lumen last?
Nov 29 2010, 3:21 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2010, 3:21 PM EST
"I dont like the latest developments between Dexter and Lumen at all. Not that I have anything against Lumen, just that I feel Dexter best operates alone. That is one of the things that pulls me so much towards the character. What serial killer works with a partner? Also, in the latest episode, Lumen and Dexter having sex after Lumen makes her first kill? Didnt like that at all. And Lumen, a victim of brutal rape, is so comfortable letting a man touch her so soon after the abuse? Anyways, I just dont like Lumen.....
Also, why didnt Deb and Quinn see Dex and Lumen when they went into Alex's house? Was the kill room in some other house?"
lol i so agree! i like it best when hes alone. Them sharing kills is so weird and takes the fun out of dexter doing it by himself...and yea i found it weird she let Dexter touch her soo soon after her rape. i dont like the direction they are going with this. The only interesting part i find is seeing what jordan and the crew are gonna do as well as quinn.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next